February 24, 2021
SGC is hosting this meeting remotely using Zoom Webinar, and we are committed to ensuring access for all who wish to participate. You may connect to the meeting in one of two ways – via Zoom (online or by phone) or by tuning in on YouTube.
Joining Council Meeting via Zoom platform or by phone
Use this option if you plan to make a public comment* or if you are unable to view the meeting on YouTube (see below).
Connect to Zoom by Phone
US: +16699009128,,93136840105# or +13462487799,,93136840105#
+1 (669) 900-9128
+1 (253) 215-8782
+1 (346) 248-7799
+1 (646) 558-8656
+1 (301) 715-8592
+1 (312) 626-6799
(877) 853-5257 (Toll Free)
(888) 475-4499 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 949 8856 3737
Viewing the Meeting on YouTube
Use this option if you do not plan to make a public comment.
Item 3 | Approval of Meeting Minutes
Item 4 | Council Members Update
Item 5 | Executive Director's Report
- Staffing updates
- Program Updates
Item 6 | DISCUSSION ITEM: Resilient California: Economic recovery and climate resilience through smart growth strategies, a review of state programs
Presentation of findings from a review of AHSC and SALC programs by CalCAN.
Item 7 | ACTION ITEM: Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation Program
- Approve the staff recommendation to increase by 15% the amount of the Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation Program award made in FY 18-19 (Round 5) to the Land Trust for Santa Barbara County because the appraised value is higher than awardee’s estimated value of a conservation easement on the Jalama Canyon Ranch, as specifically allowed by the Round 5 program guidelines dated December 18, 2018.
- Approve the staff recommendation to increase by 10% the amount of the Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation Program award made in FY 18-19 (Round 5) to the Solano Land Trust because the appraised value is higher than awardee’s estimated value of a conservation easement on the Martin Ranch, as specifically allowed by the Round 5 program guidelines dated December 18, 2018.
Item 8 | ACTION ITEM: Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program Guidelines
- Adopt the Final Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program Fiscal Year 2019-20 Round 6 Guidelines (the “Final Guidelines”).
- Amend Sections 104 and 111 of the Fiscal Year 2016-17 Round 3 Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program Guidelines according to staff recommendations made to accommodate project delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Amend Sections 104 and 111 of the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Round 4 Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program Guidelines according to staff recommendations made to accommodate project delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Amend Sections 104 and 111 of the Fiscal Year 2018-19 Round 5 Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program Guidelines according to staff recommendations made to accommodate project delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- AHSC Round 6 Guidelines Staff Report
- AHSC Round 6 Guidelines
- AHSC Round 3, 4, and 5 Guidelines Staff Report
- AHSC Round 5 Guidelines
- AHSC Round 4 Guidelines
- AHSC Round 3 Guidelines
Item 9 | Public Comment (see notes below)
Item 10 | Meeting Adjournment
The California Strategic Growth Council (Council) is following directives from the Governor’s Executive Orders N-29-20 and N-33-20 as well as the California Department of Public Health’s recommendations regarding public gatherings. As a result, unless otherwise noted, all Council Meetings remote – held only held via two video options and a teleconference. There will be no physical public access location. The Council remains steadfast in its goals to promote transparency and public participation. To do so, the Council has arranged multiple electronic options to listen, view, and/or comment during the Council Meeting. Please note that technical issues may arise during the remote-only Council meetings; SGC staff will work to resolve these promptly.
Public comment is an important part of every Council meeting, and this remote meeting is no exception. If you plan to comment on an agenda item, or on a matter not on the meeting agenda, please follow the instructions below.
To make public comment you will need to connect (online or by phone) to the meeting using Zoom (see instructions above).
If you would like to make a public comment during the meeting, please complete this form for each item you wish to comment on. Please complete all fields in the form and submit it between 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or at any time during the meeting.
If you are unable to access the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 916-634-3359. When the public comment period opens for your item, the meeting chair will call on you in the order your comment was received by SGC Staff.
Important: In order to be able to unmute your microphone when the meeting chair calls on you, Staff will need to locate you within the Zoom webinar. To make that possible:
- If you are joining Zoom online, please ensure your screen name matches the name on your comment card exactly by entering the correct name as you join the meeting. It will be additionally helpful if you use the “raise hand” function in Zoom when called upon.
- If you are joining Zoom by phone, please ensure that the phone number you enter on your comment card matches the number you are calling from. It will be additionally helpful if you “raise your hand” when called upon by pressing *6 on your phone.
Timing of Comments:
Public comments will adhere to the length the meeting chair announces during the meeting. SGC staff will verbally alert each speaker when they have 30 seconds left and will ask speakers to end when their time is up.
Trouble-shooting technical problems on Zoom
Please use the Q&A Function and Staff will respond quickly. If you are participating by phone, please email@example.com or text/call 916-634-3359.
All times indicated and the order of business is approximate and subject to change. Public comment is taken on each agenda item as well as at the end of the meeting. If you wish to speak, please fill out the provided comment card. Prior to making your comments, please state your name for the record and identify any group or organization you represent. Depending on the number of individuals wishing to address the council, the Chair may establish specific time limits on presentations.
The meeting agenda and accompanying action item materials will be posted on the Strategic Growth Council website 10 calendar days prior to the meeting. To receive future notices for the Council meetings please sign up for the SGC list serve. This meeting will be recorded and the recording will be posted on the Strategic Growth Council website 10 days following the meeting.
The meeting location(s) are accessible to people with disabilities. Any person who requires special assistance to participate in the meeting, or wishes to request this notice or other meeting materials in an alternative format, requires translation services, or needs any disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, which would enable that person to participate at the meeting must make that request at least 7 days prior to the meeting date by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 327-0155.
For more information, please contact Fabiha Zaman at the Strategic Growth Council, 1400 Tenth Street, Sacramento, California 95814, (916) 327-0155 or email@example.com.