Sandra Lupien, Deputy Director, External Affairs and Communications
This contact is for journalists; find general contact information for SGC at the contact page.
Journalists: sign up for SGC’s media list to receive press releases.
- State Invites Applications For Projects to Protect Agricultural Land Forever, Reduce Emissions - 4/29/2021
- $1M State Investment Becomes $50M in Grants for Under-Served Communities - 4/27/2021
- State of California Invites Applications for $405 Million Through Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program - 3/2/2021
- California Strategic Growth Council Announces 22-Person Inaugural Cohort for “Partners Advancing Climate Equity” Training Program - 2/11/2021
- California Strategic Growth Council Awards $52 Million to Conserve Agricultural Lands, Reduce Emissions - 12/17/2020
- California Strategic Growth Council Passes Racial Equity Resolution - 8/28/2020
- SGC Awards More Than $600M to 41 Projects Across California - 6/26/2020
- Funding Available for Ag Land Conservation - 3/2/2020
- California Strategic Growth Council Awards Nearly $57 Million to Conserve Agricultural Lands - 12/17/2019
- New Program to Help Under-Resourced Communities Address Climate Change - 12/5/2019
- SGC Announces $4.75 million in Round 3 of Climate Change Research Program - 11/15/2019
- Governor Newsom Announces Nearly $900 Million in Funding for Affordable Housing and Sustainable Community Development - 11/8/2019
- New collaboration helps California communities tackle climate change - 11/5/2019
- Strategic Growth Council Awards More than $400 Million - 6/21/2019
Community-Based Planning for a Sustainable California
Read fourteen case studies of inspiring sustainable community planning initiatives from across California – that were funded through the SGC’s Sustainable Communities Planning Grant and Incentives Program.
Affordable Housing & Sustainable Communities
The Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program builds healthier communities and protects the environment by increasing the supply of affordable places to live near jobs, stores, transit, and other daily needs. In West Sacramento, an extensive community engagement process driven by strong collaboration between the City and the housing developer resulted in affordable homes next to major transportation improvements.
Transformative Climate Communities
The Transformative Climate Communities Program empowers the communities most impacted by pollution to choose their own goals, strategies, and projects to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and local air pollution.
- Green Together Northeast San Fernando Valley
- Sacramento Integrated Multimodal Place-Based Living
- Transform Fresno
- Watts Rising
- Ontario Together