The California Department of Housing and Community Development (Department) and the Strategic Growth Council (SGC) are pleased to announce the release of this Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities (AHSC) Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for approximately $750 million.
The HCD AHSC Application Portal will be available beginning January 30, 2023. Applicants must upload application materials electronically via the Department’s AHSC Application Portal no later than:
4:00 p.m. Pacific Time on April 4, 2023
The Department and SGC are holding four in-person NOFA Application Workshops and one Zoom webinar. Please register for these workshops through the hyperlinks below:
Register to attend an AHSC program NOFA Application Workshop:
- February 7, 2023 11 a.m.–2:00 p.m.: Elihu M. Harris State Building 1515 Clay Street Oakland, CA 94612 | Register for the February 7 workshop
- February 8, 2023 9 a.m.–1:00 p.m.: Virtual | Register for the February 8 workshop
- February 9, 2023 9 a.m.–12:00 p.m.: Fresno Council of Governments 2035 Tulare Street Suite 201 Fresno, CA 93721 | Register for the February 9 workshop
- February 13, 2023 9 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Santa Ana City Council 20 Civic Center Plaza Santa Ana, CA 92701 | Register for the February 13 workshop
- February 14, 2023 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.: Point Loma/Hervey Branch Library 3701 Voltaire Street San Diego CA 92107 | Register for the February 14 workshop
Please note: AHSC program application forms, webinar details, and related program information are posted on the Department’s AHSC website and the SGC’s AHSC website. Additionally, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) will be hosting office hours related to AHSC GHG materials, please see below for more information.
To receive information regarding online workshops and other updates, please subscribe to the Department’s email list. Potential applicants of AHSC Round 7 are encouraged to sign up for our AHSC Round 7 Notification list — this list is different than the HTML Program email blast list and those who sign up for our AHSC Round 7 Notification List will receive more up-to-date notifications when materials are posted and will be notified if updates to application materials are necessary.
Questions? We would like to gather questions in advance and for review during the Q&A webinar. If you have any questions regarding the NOFA, Guidelines, or Application, please send them to the California Strategic Growth Council’s (SGC) AHSC team at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Department’s AHSC team at email@example.com.
CARB Office Hours
CARB will host hour-long office hours in February and March. Applicants may join to ask questions about the AHSC Benefits Calculator Tool, Quantification Methodology and User Guide. Attendees are encouraged to send their questions to Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org prior to joining office hours. Registration is not required.
- February 8th, 11 a.m.–12 p.m., Join through MS Teams for the Feb 8th Office Hours
- February 21st, 1–2 p.m., Join through MS Teams for the Feb 21st Office Hours
- March 7th, 3–4 p.m., Join through MS Teams for the March 7th Office Hours
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.