The Strategic Growth Council invites applications for Round 1 of the Regional Climate Collaboratives (RCC) Program. The program will employ a two-phase application process, including a Pre-Proposal and Full Application phase. Submitting a Pre-Proposal is not required but is strongly recommended for all RCC Applicants. Applicants who do not submit a Pre-Proposal cannot be guaranteed technical assistance (TA). Pre-Proposals are due by 5:00 p.m. PT on Friday, July 15, 2022. Full Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. PT on Friday, October 7, 2022. For more information about the program, please see the RCC Program Resources page.
Pre-Proposals will not disqualify Applicants from submitting a final application or affect the evaluation of their full application. In addition, Applicants will not be beholden to the project details submitted in the Pre-Proposal for the Final Application. The Pre-Proposal application allows Applicants to provide a broad overview of their proposed projects, which may include information such as the project Partners, Managing Stakeholder, and estimated budget. SGC staff and TA providers will provide feedback on all submitted Pre-Proposals but will not provide scores. Pre-Proposals are due by 5:00 p.m. PT on Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Pre-Proposal Microsoft Form – Pre-Proposals will only be accepted through a Microsoft form submission. However, since applicants are unable to save their answers and return to them later using this platform, SGC recommends drafting answers in the Word Document version of the Pre-Proposal and pasting those answers into the Microsoft Form before submission.
- Pre-Proposal Word Document – Applicants may use this Word Document version of the Pre-Proposal Microsoft Form to draft their Pre-Proposal answers before submitting them via Microsoft Forms.
All RCC Applicants must submit the Full Application to SharePoint by 5:00 p.m. PT on Friday, October 7, 2022. Full Applications will consist of the following components:
- General Narrative Question
- Application Workbook to provide project workplan, budget, and schedule of grant activities
- Program Threshold Uploads, which includes Threshold Criteria Checklist, Signed Partnership Agreement, Adopted Letter of Resolution, Letters of Commitment, and/or Letter of Authorization, and Project Area Map
- Supplemental Uploads are optional and could include Letters of Support and background documentation to demonstrate all Co-Applicant's previous relevant experience
All of these Application materials and associated templates are available in the RCC Round 1 Full Grant Application Packet. More detailed guidance is also provided in the Application Instructions.
To receive access to SharePoint, Applicants must fill out this brief survey no later than Friday, September 23, 2022, to indicate their intent to apply for a Round 1 RCC Grant. The survey enables RCC Program staff to create individualized folders for each Applicant team. SGC Staff strongly encourages Applicants to fill out the survey as soon as possible before the deadline and to submit a test file in advance of the Application deadline to avoid any last-minute file submission issues.
Join SGC for the Full Application Webinar on Tuesday, July 19 from 2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. This webinar will include a presentation from RCC Program staff and an audience Q&A session. The webinar will be recorded and posted online afterward.
Full Application Webinar Registration
General Program Information
- Round 1 RCC Program Guidelines describe the program goals, requirements, and scoring criteria.
- Round 1 RCC Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) describes this grant opportunity and outlines the application process.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) compiles responses to all questions received from prospective Applicants.
- Under-Resourced Communities Eligibility Map provides a statewide view of eligibility.
- LinkedIn Regional Climate Collaboratives Program Networking Hub is an online forum for prospective Applicants to meet potential partners
- Partnership Agreement Template is available to support Applicants develop this required document.
- Tribal Resolution Template is available to support Tribal Applicants develop this document if they serve as the Managing Stakeholder.
- Letter of Authorization Template is available to support Tribal Applicants develop this document if they serve as the Managing Stakeholder. This can optionally be used in lieu of a Tribal Council Resolution.
- Resolution Template is available to support Applicants develop this required document.
- Letter of Authorization Checklist is available to support Tribal Applicants develop this document if they serve as the Managing Stakeholder. This can optionally be used in lieu of a Tribal Council Resolution.
Webinars & Workshops
- Application Overview Webinar and General Audience Workshop recordings are available for anyone who missed or wanted to revisit these presentations on the program. are available for anyone who missed or wanted to revisit these presentations on the program.
- RCC Full Application Submission Tutorial guides Applicants on successful submission to SharePoint.
- Collective Impact Resources is a collection of resources, case studies, and best practices that may support Applicants with the development and continuation of collaborative work.
- Region and Communities of Focus Guidance Memo offers additional guidance on project area eligibility.
- Example Strategy Table outlines sample strategies and tasks that could fulfill the required and optional activities specified in Section II of the RCC Program Guidelines.
- Example Letter of Commitment is a template that Applicants may use, but it is not required.