SGC’s CRC program will fund new construction and upgrades of neighborhood-level resilience centers to provide shelter and resources during climate and other emergencies. The program will also fund year-round services and ongoing programming that build overall community resilience.
CRC Round 1 Draft Guidelines and Workshops
SGC is pleased to invite public comment on the CRC Round 1 Draft Guidelines. The public comment period runs from December 7, 2022, to January 27, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
SGC staff is hosting a series of virtual workshops to inform stakeholders about the proposed program requirements and to gather stakeholders’ feedback on the draft guidelines.
Virtual Workshop Series
Virtual Workshop for Statewide Attendees
Tuesday, December 20th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Virtual Workshop for Inland California
Wednesday, January 11th, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Virtual Workshop for North State
Thursday, January 12th, 1:00 p.m. –3:00 p.m.
Virtual Workshop for Bay Area & Central Coast
Tuesday, January 17th, 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m
Virtual Workshop for Southern California
Wednesday, January 18th, 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Virtual Workshop for Rural Communities
Thursday, January 19th, 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Virtual Workshop for California Tribes
Friday, January 20th, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Submit public comments by January 27, 2023 via email to CRC@sgc.ca.gov, or by attending an upcoming workshop.
- Public Comment Period Now Open on the CRC Round 1 Draft Guidelines
- Additional Funds, Direction, and Advance Pay for SGC’s Community Resilience Centers Program
- Press Release: Governor Signs Advanced Pay Pilot Legislation to Support Equitable Access to State Funding
- SGC’s Community Resilience Centers Program Receives Additional Funds
- SGC Launches Development of Community Resilience Centers (CRC) Program
Here is the anticipated timeline for the CRC program. Dates are subject to change.
- December 2022: SGC releases draft guidelines for 30-day public comment
- Dec–Jan 2023: CRC team hosts virtual Public Workshop Series on the draft guidelines
- Dec–March 2023: CRC team incorporates input received during the public comment window, meets with subject matter experts and interagency workgroup
- April 2023: CRC team presents proposed Final Guidelines to Council for adoption
- Late Spring 2023: CRC team releases Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) & applications
- Fall 2023: SGC makes Round 1 awards