SGC’s CRC program will fund new construction and upgrades of neighborhood-level resilience centers to provide shelter and resources during climate and other emergencies. The program will also fund year-round services and ongoing programming that build overall community resilience.
Find all the CRC materials you need here, including our program guidelines, frequently asked questions, and other useful tools.
- Strategic Growth Council Invites Applications to Round 1 of the Community Resilience Centers Program
- Press Release: California Announces Nearly $100 Million in First Round of Funding to Build Resilience Centers Addressing Extreme Heat and Other Climate Impacts
- Public Comment Period Now Open on the CRC Round 1 Draft Guidelines
- Additional Funds, Direction, and Advance Pay for SGC’s Community Resilience Centers Program
- Press Release: Governor Signs Advanced Pay Pilot Legislation to Support Equitable Access to State Funding
- SGC’s Community Resilience Centers Program Receives Additional Funds
- SGC Launches Development of Community Resilience Centers (CRC) Program
Here is the anticipated timeline for the CRC program. Dates are subject to change.
- December 2022: Round 1 Draft Guidelines release for public comment
- Dec-Jan 2023: Round 1 Public Workshop Series
- April 2023: Council adopts CRC Round 1 Final Guidelines
- May 26, 2023: Pre-Proposal & Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) release
- July 2023: Full Application Materials release, applications open
- July – Sept 2023: CRC team hosts virtual Office Hours
- August 2023: Full Application Webinar Series released
- August 4, 2023: Priority Deadline for the Pre-Proposal Form (Implementation Grants only)
- August 25, 2023: Pre-Proposal Form due (Implementation Grants only)
- Sept 18, 2023: Final applications due for all CRC grant types
- December 2023: SGC makes Round 1 CRC awards