SGC invites applications for TCC Round 5 Implementation, Project Development, and Planning Grants. All prospective applicants must complete a Round 5 Application Initiation Form by the due dates listed in the Technical Assistance section below to gain access to the application submission platform and to receive technical assistance, if applicable. If you will be unable to meet the Form due date, please contact TCC staff via email at email@example.com.
All Implementation Grant applicants must work with the Application Technical Assistance providers to prepare their application. Applicants from tribal communities and Disadvantaged Unincorporated Communities (DUCs) are eligible for TA for Project Development and Planning Grant applications. Tribal and DUC applicants are encouraged to submit the Form as soon as possible as the sooner you submit the Form, the sooner the Application Technical Assistance team can begin providing you with TA; however, these applicants are eligible for due-date extensions for the Form.
Submitting the Application Initiation Form does not represent a commitment to apply. You can change all details you included on the form up until you submit the full application.
Pre-Proposals are required for Implementation Grant applicants and are due May 1, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. PST. All final Implementation, Project Development, and Planning Grant Applications are due August 1, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. PST.
To apply, please carefully review the Notice of Funding Availability, Application Materials, Application Instructions, and Round 5 Guidelines at the links below:
Note: Application materials have been updated as of 3/16/23. When completing the application, please use the links below for updated materials.
- Round 5 Transformative Climate Communities Notice of Funding Availability
- Round 5 Implementation Grant Application Materials (updated 3/16/23) | IG Application Instructions (updated 3/16/23)
- Round 5 Project Development Grant Application Materials (updated 3/16/23) | PDG Application Instructions (updated 3/16/23)
- Round 5 Planning Grant Application Materials (updated 3/16/23) | PG Application Instructions (updated 3/16/23)
- Round 5 Transformative Climate Communities Guidelines
- Round 5 Local Data Submissions Instructions (Updated 5/22/23)
- Round 5 Tribal Modifications Instructions (Updated (5/22/23)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
To be considered for Technical Assistance (TA) during the application period, applicants must submit the Application Initiation Form by the following dates:
March 31, 2023: Each Implementation Grant Applicant must submit an Application Initiation Form by March 31. After March 31, applicants from Disadvantaged and Unincorporated Communities (DUCs) and tribal communities will be prioritized for TA.
July 3, 2023: Each Project Development Grant Applicant and ,Planning Grant Applicant must submit an Application Initiation Form by July 3, 2023. SGC will offer TA to tribal communities and DUCs applying for Project Development Grants or Planning Grants. SGC encourages tribal and DUC applicants to submit the form as soon as possible to begin receiving TA earlier in the application process; however, these applicants are eligible for extensions for this form.
The purpose of the Application Initiation Form is to connect eligible applicants to Technical Assistance providers. Application TA is required for all Implementation Grants. SGC will ensure every Implementation Grant Applicant and every applicant from tribal and Disadvantaged Unincorporated Communities applying for Project Development Grants and Planning Grants that submits the Application Initiation Form by the relevant due date will receive Technical Assistance.
If any applicant is unable to meet the Application Initiation Form due date, please contact TCC staff via email at email@example.com. Tribal and DUC Applicants may fill out this form at any time to request Project Development or Planning Grant TA; however, completing the form sooner will allow more time to work with the TA providers. Please see the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for full details.
The TCC team will host office hours via Zoom every Tuesday, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.. TCC staff will allocate 2 – 3:30 p.m. for 15-minute appointments. Register for office hours using Calendly. 3:30 – 4 p.m. will be for drop-in attendees with no registration required. TCC staff will admit drop-in attendees one at a time in the order in which they arrive.
- Partnership Agreement Template is available to support Applicants develop this required document.
- Letter of Commitment is available to support Applicants develop this required document.
- Resolution Template is available to support Applicants develop this required document.
To accompany the Pre-Application Technical Assistance workshops that took place in January, February, and early March, the TA providers created resource guides to provide an overview of the application process and help potential applicants get ready to apply. Please note: The TA providers created these guides before SGC published the Final Guidelines. In any case in which the information in the Final Guidelines contradicts the information in a resource guide, refer to the information in the Final Guidelines. Official documents prepared by SGC, such as the Final Guidelines, supersede the resource guides.
- Planning Grant Resource Guide that guides prospective applicants through Planning Grant Application process
- Implementation Grant Resource Guide that guides prospective applicants through the general Implementation Grant Application process
- Rural and Disadvantaged Unincorporated Communities Resource Guide that guides prospective applicants from rural and unincorporated communities through the Application process for both Planning and Implementation Grants
- Tribal Communities Resource Guide that guides prospective applicants from tribal communities through the Application process for both Planning and Implementation Grants
- Equitable Housing Strategy FAQ that answers frequently asked questions about proposal housing as part of a TCC Application
Round 5 Application Workshops
Thursday, March 23, 2023
10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.
Rural and Disadvantaged Unincorporated Communities
Thursday, March 23, 2023
View recording for the Rural and Disadvantaged Unincorporated Communities workshop